Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Teacher plays a very important role in a student’s life. To a great extent, it is the teachers who decide the shape of a students’ life. So, it is very necessary to be adequately equipped with resources that will make the teacher a perfect role model to the students.
Bachelor of Education will teach a person about teaching and various aspects associated with teaching. Once a person completes the Bachelor of Education training, he is awarded with a B.Ed. Degree.
- The Bachelor of Education Programme, generally known as B.Ed. is a professional Course offered for those interested in pursuing career in teaching and prepares teachers for Upper Primary or Middle Level, Secondary and Senior Secondary Level.
- The course shall extend over a period of two years. The duration of the course shall be by regular attendance for the requisite no of lectures and practical training consisting of four semesters from the commencement of academic session.
- Fresher General Candidates with minimum 50% marks in UG or PG level can apply. Fresher SC/ST/OBC Candidates with minimum 45% marks in UG or PG level can apply.In-Service candidates serving in Govt./Govt. Aided/ Govt. Sponsored Schools can apply with original Approval/NOC from the competent authority.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
M.T.M. College offers Bachelor of Arts Degree on these following general disciplines:
4 Year Integrated Course ( B.A. B.Ed./B.Sc. B.Ed. )
The four year Integrated Programme aims at integrating general studies comprising Science (B.Sc.B.Ed.) and Social Science or Humanities (B.A.B.Ed.), and professional studies comprising Foundations of Education, Pedagogy of School subjects and Practicum related to the task and functions of a School Teacher. It maintains a balanced theory and practice, and coherence and integration among the components of the programme, representing a wide knowledge base of a secondary school teacher. The programme aims at preparing teachers for Upper Primary and Secondary stages of education.
Duration : The B.Sc.B.Ed. and B.A.B.Ed. Programme shall be of Four Academic Years or Eight Semesters including School Based Experiences and Internship in teaching. Student Teacher shall be permitted to complete the programme within a maximum period of Six years from the date of admission to the programme.
- Candidate with at least 50% marks in the Senior Secondary / +2 or its equivalent are eligible for admission.
- The reservation and relaxation in marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other category shall be as per the rules of the central/state government whichever is applicable